- "I've got something for the girls of Savannah, and all of America, and all the world, and we're going to start it tonight."
(Juliette G. Low, founder of the Girl Scouts of America)
- "It is my belief, Watson, founded upon my experience, that the lowest and vilest alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin than does the smiling and beautiful countryside."
(Sherlock Holmes in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Copper Beeches")
- "Yesterday, December 7, 1941--a date which will live on in infamy--the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan."
(President Franklin D. Roosevelt)
- "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
- "You are Omaticaya now. You may make your bow from the wood of Hometree. And you may choose a woman. We have many fine women. Ninat is the best singer."
(Neytiri in Avatar, 2009)
- "Saying we should keep the two-party system simply because it is working is like saying the Titanic voyage was a success because a few people survived on life rafts."
- "Some kids dream of joining the circus, others of becoming a major league baseball player. As a member of the New York Yankees, I've gotten to do both."
- "Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level wouldn't cure."
- "George Bush taking credit for the Berlin Wall coming down is like the rooster taking credit for the sunrise."
Also Known As: proper name