This exercise will give you practice in applying the principles discussed in What Are the Present and Past Forms of the Verb "Be"?
When you have completed the exercise, compare your answers with those on page two.
TIP: To view this exercise without ads, click on the printer icon near the top of the page.
- The Hoovers (be) driving to California in an old VW bus. (present)
- The Hoovers (be) driving to California in an old VW bus. (past)
- Dwayne (be) writing another note to his grandfather. (present)
- George Bailey (be) visited by an angel named Clarence. (past)
- The Hoovers (be) planning another road trip. (present)
- I (be) happy to be here. (present)
- You (be) talking in your sleep last night. (past)
- Uncle Frank (be) reading a novel when the tornado struck. (past)
- The Hoovers (be) disqualified. (past)
- The game of hopscotch (be) invented by the Romans. (past)
- The elephant (be) the only animal with four knees in each leg. (present)
- The side door (be) broken. (present)
- King William IV's nickname (be) "Silly Billy." (past)
- There (be) 206 bones in the human body. (present)
- Richard (be) once a motivational speaker. (past)