Each of the following ten sentences contains an indirect object. Identify the indirect object in each sentence, and then compare your answers with those on page two.
- Give Marie the prize.
- The taxi driver charged us twenty dollars.
- I wished my friends a happy new year and headed back into the house.
- After washing the dishes, I told the children a bedtime story about otters and eagles.
- Preetha often lends her brother money, but he never pays her back.
- Mikey handed me a note from his mother explaining his absence the day before.
- The young man built his family a house in an isolated hollow near White Bluff.
- Lynn bought her uncle a Western-style gray felt hat at the Franklin Sporting Goods store.
- Kate passed him the canteen, and he took a big drink of the cold water.
- Last fall our church group sent the missionaries mops and pails and building supplies.