Before attempting this sentence-completion exercise, you may find it helpful to review the short article Using the Different Forms of Pronouns.
TIP: To view this exercise without ads, click on the printer icon near the top of the page.
- Most of the voters placed _____ ballots in the wastebasket.
- When children are left to themselves, _____ tend to emulate their parents' behavior.
- Each woman at today's workshop described _____ project in detail.
- The umbrella originated 3,400 years ago in Mesopotamia; _____ offered protection not from the rain but from the sun.
- Before closing your word processor, _____ should always remember to save your text.
- When students attend a local college, _____ can live quietly and inexpensively at home.
- Students living in the dormitories must vacate _____ rooms during spring break.
- When a woman joins the RESET program, _____ is required to develop a personal plan.
- Neither one of the men could make up _____ mind.
- An oak tree is just a nut that held _____ ground.
- Never hold a baby in your lap when _____ are riding in a car.
- Shakespeare left his second-best bed to _____ wife.
- A century ago, the local drug store was different from the ones we have today: _____ usually stood in the center of town and served as a meeting place for people from all walks of life.
- All students need to renew _____ identification cards before the first day of the new semester.
- Neither one of the girls could remember _____ address.